We are always committed to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles for the utmost safety of those we conduct business with.
Any amendments to this Policy will be contained on this website as soon as they come into effect. To stay up to date with any changes, please ensure you review this Policy every time you visit our website
If you do not wholly agree to this Policy, you should not provide Adco Legal with any of your Personal Information. If you provide us with Personal Information, that will establish that you acknowledge and consent to this Policy.
Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988, and in accordance with this Policy, ‘Personal Information’ means:
‘information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not’.
Types of Personal Information we might collect and how we may collect it
Depending on the nature of the services we provide to you, and for us to conduct our business, where necessary, we may need to collect your Personal Information. Such information can include:
- your name, address, contact information (e.g. e-mail address and phone number) and occupation;
- the types of dealings and legal work you have enquired about or have with us;
- your payment history, billing details and account details;
- information about previous matters engaged with us.
This information will generally be collected directly from you or your advisers. We may also collect Personal Information from publicly available sources or databases and third parties (including other professional advisors, such as barristers and accountants).
Use of Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information for several reasons, those including:
- for billing purposes;
- to provide our services to you;
- to offer information about our publications and any legal developments;
- to conduct our business and develop our services;
- corporate governance, accounting, auditing and record keeping;
- for internal business purposes.
We may use and/or disclose your Personal Information for reasons including:
- for the above purposes in which it was collected;
- to our legal staff and consultants and to experts engaged on your behalf;
- when required or allowed by law; or
- to store information in accordance with this Policy.
Security and protection of Personal Information
Adco Legal will take all reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is:
- accurate, complete and current;
- secured, stored and protected physically on site and through secured computers;
- not misused, lost or accessed or disclosed without authorisation; and
- destroyed or permanently de-identified if it is no longer required.
Correction of or access to your Personal Information
Adco Legal has no issues granting you access to any records or Personal Information if any information requires correction or you wish to access such information. If so, please contact us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (08) 7122 6050. Any Personal Information which is incorrect will be corrected and we will not charge for providing access to any Personal Information.